This 4-pointed design makes me think of a Celtic Cross. Celtic designs are often decorated with interwoven lines.
You can use any colors you want, of course.
For a subtle effect in this design, I used different shades of grey going from dark to light, ending with yellow glowing in the middle. I used the Staedtler pens shown below.
- Attach Ring 144/96 to your paper using the Spiro-Putty (or pins, if you’re using an old set and haven’t tried Poster Putty yet).
- Using Wheel 72, line up Hole 1 with a line on the ring. Using a black pen, draw the design.
- Line up Hole 3 with the same line on the ring. Again using black, draw the design.
- Switch to dark grey for Holes 5, 7 and 9. Each time, align the line that goes from the hole to the edge with your positioning line on the ring.
- Use light grey for Holes 11, 13 and 15.
- Finally, use yellow for Holes 17 and 19.